A new Steel Directorate was set up on 15th of July 2016 as a composite Directorate
under the administrative control of Steel and Mines Department. The Directorate
will focus on Iron Ore based Industries located in Odisha with following key activities.
- To coordinate with the steel industries in the state to assist in addressing the
issues relating to such investments, in coordination with the IPICOL
- To monitor the implementation of MoUs signed steel industries for expediting the
- To regularly interact with the existing steel units with a view to identifying the
problems and issues relating to optimal capacity utilization.
- To maintain a database on investments, production, employment etc. of Iron ore base
industries in Odisha.
- To monitor the availability of assured supply of raw material to the steel industries.
- To assist the Department in policy matters relating to steel industry.
The four following designated position have been placed on contractual basis in
the Steel Directoarte
- Advisor Steel
- Consultant Steel
- Consultant MIS
- Data entry operator
Highlights of Steel Directorate
- MIS data base has been developed for all Iron Ore based Industries with basic information
like Production/Productivity, Manpower deployment investment, Raw material related
matter, CSR activities etc.
- District wise close interaction with stake holders in their door steps followed
by organizing meeting with stake holders in Bhubaneswar to address various key issues
such as Raw material availability, best use of Govt. polices of raw materials supply
through LTL and Pre emption were done.
- Key issues related to Production /Productivity, on going project of MoU steel plants
have been compiled and appraised to Govt. for necessary corrective measures.
- Technical Supports extended to Steel plant section/Other Govt. Departments related
to Iron ore based Industries , as and when required.
- Technical supports extended ti IPICOL for new projects proposals of Integrated Steel
Plants and Downstream facilities